Saturday, August 7, 2010

the Stikstool is not heavy

Someone commented about the weight of the Stikstool. The Stikstool weighs less than 26 ounces. A pair of lightweight trekking poles weigh about 20 ounces. Is it less weight? Yes, but can a 350 pound man sit on the trekking poles? NO. The trekking poles used to be noisy but they probably have taken the clanking out since I owned some. I personally don't like dealing with two sticks. I know some people with back pain may find them comforting. I like to be able to wipe my forehead or take a picture without dealing with a strapped on trekking pole. Just my personal preference. The Stikstool weighs less than my daughters old wooden stick she used since she was 7 years old. Someone said 26 ounces was heavy. I beg to differ. If you compare it to a 10 ounce trekking pole it is heavier, but 26 ounces is not heavy. What kind of wimp are you? Should you even be out in the wilderness? Also now you don't have to carry the 18 ounce stool in your backpack. Also to compare price, the Stikstool is $30.00. The trekking poles $70.00 and the stool $20.00 equals $90.00. Pound for pound, ounce for ounce, dollar for dollar, the Stikstool is by far the best deal in my hiking book.

No comments:

Post a Comment